Book A Personal Retreat
We have now opened our doors for guests to enjoy relaxation, refreshment and begin their journey towards wholeness on a personal unguided residential retreat.
There will be regular times of spoken worship and prayer each day, wonderful food and free time for you to enjoy the beautiful grounds surrounding the Manor House and perhaps walk local trails or wander in our adjoining fields.
Whilst there is no formal programme of prayer ministry, we have some limited availability, and this will need to be arranged at the time of booking. During time of prayer ministry we will need to maintain social distancing in a well ventilated room or in an open space, weather permitting.
The Centre will be closed to the public on Monday and Tuesday each week. Personal Retreats are available from Wednesday afternoons (3pm) to after lunch on Sunday (2pm). Guests are asked to vacate their rooms by mid-day on the day of departure to allow us sufficient time to clean the rooms for new guests. A minimum of 2 nights stay is required to secure a booking. We regret that at this time we are unable to provide transportation from and to the railway station or from local bus routes.
We have a limited bursary for front-line workers within the medical, social and spiritual care areas, who have been directly supporting Covid-19 patients and their families (within the hospital and the community setting).
Prices: (Stays are from 3pm on the day of arrival to 2pm on the day of departure)
2 night stay - £190 inclusive
3 night stay - £285 inclusive
4 night stay - £380 inclusive
5 night stay - £475 inclusive
Advent Retreat - 3 night stay - £285 inclusive
1. Check the provisional availability below - This is updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5pm.
2. Use the link below to complete our online booking application. Once we have received your booking application and checked availability, we will send you a booking invoice email with a link to pay the full amount. If there is no availability for your chosen week, we may offer you an alternative booking.
3. We need to receive your payment within 5 days of the date of our booking invoice to confirm your stay. Please Note: If do not receive your payment within this time, we will cancel your booking.
4. If you need to change your booking, please email email@example.com or telephone 01285 850283 and leave a voicemail. We will contact you as soon as possible, but within 2 working days to discuss your cancellation.
- Full board includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Tea making facilities are available within your room.
- Cancellation - we ask for the earliest possible notice of cancellations so that any vacancy can be offered to others:
- 28 days or more before your stay starts the Centre will return your payment in full less an administration fee of 10% of your booking fee.
- Between 14-28 days before your stay starts we will refund 50% of your booking fee
- Between 7–14 days before your stay starts we will refund 25% of your booking fee
- Under 7 days before your stay starts your payment will become non-refundable
(Under special circumstances and at the sole discretion of the Centre we may offer a one-off transfer to a similar residential booking. Arrangements for any agreed transfer must be made at the time of the transfer being agreed. Additional fees may apply and be subject to an administration charge of £10)
- Cars are parked at the owner’s risk
- It is regretted that guests’ pets are not allowed at Harnhill, except for registered guide dogs/hearing dogs
- Guests are responsible for the insurance of their own effects while at the Centre. We strongly recommend guests take advantage of travel insurance to cover cancellations where possible
- Please note that the Centre does not have a specialist dietician, and therefore we are only able to provide certain commonly occurring diets. If you need a special diet for medical reasons, or if you have personal preferences in your diet, please check before you book, to see whether we are able to meet your requirements
COVID-19 Booking Conditions
Please contact us immediately on 01285 852012 during office hours if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19; or
- You are isolating because you or a member of your household have been in contact with someone experiencing these symptoms; or
- Your locality is subject to a local restrictions.
We are taking every precaution on site, but you will understand that we are unable to guarantee a virus free environment. Guest numbers will be limited each week and our small residential team will be looking after guests to ensure we can maintain 2-metre social distancing at meals times and within communal rooms. Masks are required on arrival and need to be worn on-site in all settings, except when seated for meals, outside and when social distancing is unable to be maintained unless Government advice changes.
Please remember HANDS - FACE - SPACE.
NHS Test & Trace QR Codes are available onsite to register via the NHS Test & Trace App.
Rooms will not be occupied for 72 hours before your stay. The team will also ensure a regular cleaning regime of any communal spaces with particular attention to high-touch areas. Meal tables will be sanitised between meal times and the Butler's Pantry where we would normally serve drinks and snacks will be closed for the duration of your retreat. Payments under £45 are contactless.
Our bookshop will be open, but we ask that you maintain social distancing and do not handle the books or merchandise until you have decided to purchase the item. Any items you have touched but decide not to buy, please put them in the quarantine box. These items will be removed from sale for 72 hours. Please respect social distancing whilst in the bookshop.
Availability (We update availability on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the calendar below may not be an accurate reflection of actual availability. Please complete a booking form for the dates you require and we will contact you within 2 working days if they are unavailable)
September 2020 - Sold Out
October 2020 - Sold Out
November 2020 - New dates available for 5 day retreats from Tuesday to Sunday inclusive. Arrive Tuesday after 3pm and leave Sunday before 2pm.
December 2020 - (NEW - Advent Retreat - Tuesday 1st December to Friday 4th December)