The Harnhill Centre of Christian Healing
2,000 years ago Jesus was healing people in body, soul and spirit wherever He went, and the bible teaches us that He commanded - and empowered - His disciples to do the same. After His death and resurrection, the early church continued this ministry, and subsequent church history shows that the healing ministry of God's Church has continued.
Established in 1986 out of the vision of a local vicar, Canon Arthur Dodds, The Harnhill Centre of Christian Healing brings the healing love of Jesus to all who visit.
Today Jesus' power is still here, the command just as imperative, and the results just as exciting. The vision of the Centre is to encourage this ministry, and it seeks to do so on two fronts:
As a resource for the Church
- By the provision of training courses on, or relevant to, Christian Healing
- By responding to invitations to visit and assist in the development of the healing ministry in local church situations
- By making available the facilities of the Centre to church groups to come either for the day or for short stays
As a ministry to the individual
- Through the holding of 2 weekly services of Christian healing throughout the year, on Wednesdays at 7.30 pm and Fridays at 10.30 am
- Through individual prayer ministry by appointment for those who live locally
- By the provision of residential accommodation for those who wish to come for a few days in quiet, caring surroundings, during which time prayer ministry is available for those who seek it
- Through intercessory prayer for those who cannot come to the Centre
The Centre is set within a 16th century manor house in the beautiful Cotswold countryside. It is staffed by a full-time community, led by Rev Kate Picot who is the Director of Harnhill, supported by volunteers and administered by a charitable trust.
Around 8,000 people visit the Centre each year through conferences, courses, healing services and residential stays. Anglican in foundation, Harnhill is ecumenical in its outlook and a warm welcome awaits all who visit.
The facilities at The Harnhill Centre are available for church groups, conferences, retreats and Alpha Holy Spirit days. Individual prayer ministry can be received either residentially or by appointment.